1:00pm : Go into work.
7:00pm : Grab dinner at work and enjoy a few hours of free time.
10:30pm : I am online and working at my apartment with Jan who's in Mumbai.
4:00am : Bed time.
Jan and I are working very closely together on a project and she just spent 3 weeks in NYC. However, with the power of technology now that she's back in Mumbai it's still as if we're at the same office. I'm sitting in my leather chair in my apartment in NYC; she's at her desk in the Mumbai office. We've got Skype w/ video open as well as Gmail chat and there's always e-mails. Tonight we've done all three.
Highlights of our night:
- Jan gets bottled water at her office (ours were taken away from us and now I have to drink carbonated mineral water out of a bottle) and breakfast until 11am (ours ends at 9:30am).
- She carries a purse to work (this is funny only if you know her).
- If I get to go visit her in India in April, she wants to take me to this place where: "They sell leather goods. You know just the regular kinds, whips and stuff."
- She fed me lunch through Skype. Indian bread stuffed with vegetables! Delicious!
- She kept mouthing "baby star" at me over Skype. I don't know what that's all about.
P.S. Added an RSS link for those of you (like me) who rely on such conveniences!
6 comments:
You didn't mention that you dared me to send the joke on a mailing list which had random engineering directors on it (way to get me in trouble you trouble maker:-))
You also didn't mention how I was turning you on and off the whole evening (and that you mentioned this on another mailing list)!
We are soo going to get it one day:-)
And aren't you wondering what I said on my previous comment?
Did I mention my parents read my blog ;)?
And yes, I am curious!
Go to sleep! and it was nothing I just ended up typing half of what I wanted to say.
Add this to one more way we communicated tonight.
Sorry Olga's parents everything was very innocent and above board:-)
I know those early morning texts are a huge pain :) sleep = good
leather eh?
Post a Comment