Sunday, September 03, 2006

Things that should go onto my resume

Hair cutter. I gave JR a hair cut earlier this week and granted I am no Pete, but it looks pretty good.

And the ability to effectively work on a laptop that overheats and freezes regularly (for four years and counting). The battery to my laptop quietly died about a week ago. One day I was using it just fine and the next time I pressed the power button no lights came on and I was very confused. My response was of course to try the power button about five more times for good measure to make sure that I didn't forget how to press buttons.

Come to think of it, sometimes it seems like computers are against me. Computers and right-handed people! All my lecture halls this semester have no left-handed desks.

Also, Cornell classes are in session tomorrow. Actually, I have to be on campus from 10am - 7pm. Classes, office hours and meetings aren't so bad really, but it's this microteaching from 5-7pm that I'm dreading. First of all, it's my fourth semester teaching. Second, there will be 5 TAs in training there, each of us has to teach a 7 minute mini-lesson, which is VIDEOTAPED. Not only do I have to give and receive constructive criticism for 2 hours, but I also have to watch myself on tape. So enjoy your Labor Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Olga. You are correct. No haircut could possibly be as good as mine. MWAHAHAHHAHAH.

but thanks for the shoutout