Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Computer Security

I'm getting back into the swing of things at Cornell. Being a grad student is only slightly different from undergrad. It's a little more relaxed in terms of degree requirements and I'm taking all computer science related courses. I feel like my brain is finally turning on, probably working at about 65% of its capacity, but at least I can now pay attention through a full lecture and not feel like I'm daydreaming.

My professors are all great this semester and of course, there is no avoiding nerdy jokes. For example, my computer security professor was telling us that we have to do a group project, but that the topic was up to us. So some smartass asked:
Does that mean we can write a virus?
And everyone laughed... Silly computer science majors.

Other than that, I’m starting to actually look for a job. So anyone want to finish my resume? Really, it’s almost done. I just need an objective…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah yes, nerd humor. there's nothing quite like it.

regarding your objective -- I say you write it in binary. if they're not smart enough to read it, then you wouldn't want to work for them anyway.