Sunday, August 20, 2006
Goodbye Bangkok!
Well, my summer has almost come to an end. Just a 17 hour flight ahead of me. I'm sitting in the restaurant of my apartment building and browsing the internet as a dessert after a good Thai dinner. In case you're interested I had chicken in sweet chilli paste with cashews, a fried egg, rice and a banana milk shake. In about a quarter of an hour I'll catch a taxi to the airport. This time I thouroughly pampered myself before the long flight with a Thai massage and a manicure/pedicure. It's sad to leave, but it's been a great summer seeing knew places and observing a culture quite different from my own. Soon enough I'll be back in Ithaca where people won't be staring at me as I walk by. And then it's back to lectures and teaching and Yoga. But now candy and Neuromancer await me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment