Sunday, August 06, 2006

Things I will miss

Now let's think about the things that I will miss.
  1. The fruit! Oh the glorious rambutans, mangosteens and pomellos... and other random new fruits...
  2. Getting to school by boat and looking at the scenery. My favorite is Wat Arun (or the Temple of Dawn).
  3. The girls... specifically:
    • Their funny mistakes. For example, today I taught an M2 lesson about pets. The girls had to write down answers to question about their pets. One girl wrote that she has a pet "taltel". I'll give a GOLD STAR to the first person to figure out what animal she's talking about.
    • The ooh's and ahh's I get when I lift a chair above the desks to bring it to the front of the room. They think I'm strong!
    • And their endless smiles.
  4. The 5Baht "pudding" from the cafeteria. By pudding I mean jello pieces cover with shaved ice and hot pink syrup. (And also the sweet and spicy sauce that I get almost daily.)
  5. The weekend and the night markets.
  6. The consistently warm weather.
  7. The prices and the 7-11s.
  8. Different countries being only a short plane ride away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, ooh! call on me!
does taltel == turtle?

Anonymous said...

Tall Tale. It means, Tall Tale Grande, as in the student told a tall tale about her turtle.

Anonymous said...

Dear Miss Olga,
If you teach in future, and you want to have smiling-faced students, tell them that one thing you love about the class is seeing their smiling faces.

This has worked for me at two institutions: one more cranky than the other.