Sunday, July 05, 2009

Reading

When I'm reading I like to know exactly how many pages I have to read. It doesn't matter if I love the book or hate it, if it's a novel or an essay or a textbook (I think there was a time in middle school I used to read those). 'Ah this story is 11 pages, I can do that' I think to myself.

I used to hate reading and maybe that's why I'm so slow at it these days. But now I wish I had more time to devote to it. Really, I need to make more time. I couldn't help but smile when reading David Sedaris's 'Keeping Up' where he describes navigating through the Taronga Zoo in Sydney. Yea, I've been there. :) And for a second I'm there again. And then the fridge starts murmuring and I'm back to my couch in my apartment wondering when and where will I travel again...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your slow reading is from me: I read slow too, unlike your mom who reads quicker.

O said...

What about your dad? Didn't he read at the speed of light or something?

Chrysalis said...

Ahh the mystical dingo it could be in water or on land or have a shell or fur... but who knows?

O said...

I thought you would like that story Chrysalisfeet! :)